Canon C100 ProRes 422

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I have to say that the images are pretty impressive. And just like the FS100 and FS700, not much difference between AVCHD and ProRes. But I guess that's due to the hardware output. I admit I could see very little difference. But the sad fact remains that it is 8-bit output. Such great images, but only if it was 10 or 12 bit then there would be no banding. For the price, it's hard to justify the camera other than docs and TV work. Maybe in another 5 years Canon can deliver on the software side what the hardware is capable.

• Administrators
Some nice shots in the C100 vs GH2 test but yes the GH2 is not being used to the optimal level. The colour is off and the lenses he's using on it are crap - kit zoom in some instances!! The Samyang 35mm F1.4 is better than the Samyang 24mm F1.4 on a crop sensor. I do like the C100's image especially the colour but again the Blackmagic has the more film-like appeal.

As with Magic Lantern hacked Canons, the higher bitrate is most useful for high ISO footage, where the noise is far more easy to remove cleanly due to not being mushed into the image by the codec compression. Other than that there's not a lot of difference. It's a really impressive implementation of AVCHD by the looks of it.