Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgharding

Promo shot with FS700 & RX100

9 posts in this topic

Here's part one of a new music promo film I shot in Snowdonia using the FS700. I think there's one shot in there from RX100.Some nice CG in there too! Enjoy!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNGquFXmLOU[/media]
Andrew Reid likes this

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras
Perhaps ya should move this to the screening room, I forgot about that place!

Cheers guys! Most of it was shot straight to black and white (though quite flat) in the camera, I did a few tests comparing post-conversion against using all the available bit-rate in camera for luminance and shooting straight to black and white just looked better.

Nice job! Love the super slow motion. I wish I could identify exactly what it is about slow motion that I love so much. ;-) There's some nice subtle CG stuff in there as well. It was pretty cool. What did you use if you don't mind me asking?
jgharding likes this

Awesome cheers guys! It was all shot in Snowdonia, very beautiful place.

The CG was created to a relatively open brief (the final two shapes and abstract origami feel were the specific requests) by Thom Haig http://mografik.com/ in Cinema 4D and composited in After Effects. I took it all back for final grade and post in After Effects.

There's Colorista II, Looks, Grain 35 and Filmconcvert in varying amounts.
galenb likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Sony A6000 - Synthwave music video with slot car race
      By elkanah77
      Wanted to showcase my latest album with a song fitting the 80s and what better way than a slot car racing track. Doesn't get any more 80s than that. Looked up a guy with a Scalextric slot card track and brought over my A6000,the kit-lens, the 50mm 1.8m two cheap LED lights and some blue gels and got to work. Lit everything so it would look like moonshine on a clear night and just got the angles. Edited in PP and stabilized. Some grading needed but no noise reduction used. Everything is handheld including the POV, although that took some DIY to get right.

• Sony F3 + Gemini Kit
      By Riadnasla
      Selling my F3 package to finance a more lightweight kit. All gear is in excellent condition, with very minor cosmetic blemishes in one or two areas. All Firmware is latest from Sony and Convergent Design's website. Shipping will be calculated from Langley, Canada. Pictures will be available soon. 
      Kit includes:
      1x Sony PMW-F3 with S-log upgrade and 3rd party cheeseplate on handle
      1x 16GB SxS card
      1x 32GB SxS card
      1x Sonnet SxS to SD card adapter
      2x Swit S-U63 Batteries
      1x Kata Camera Bag
      1x Fotodiox Canon FD to Sony FZ lens adapter
      1x Gemini 4:4:4 DPX
      2x HD-SDI cables
      3x Convergent Design 256GB 1.8" SSD
      1x Convergent Design 512GB 1.8" SSD
      1x Convergent Design Universal Transfer Station
      1x KWI USB adapter for UTS
      1x Convergent Design eSATA transfer station
      1x AC to 4-pin XLR power cable
      1x 4-pin XLR to Alexa Lemo power adapter
      1x Custom-built D-tap to Alexa Lemo power cable and power switch

Looking to get $6450 CAD, open to offers or trades for reasonable C100MkII kit. 
    • WTB Sony F35
      By Oscar Downing
      Looking everwhere for a Sony F35
      email: oscardowning@hotmail.com
    • First Time Posting - Introducing myself with a new camera reel
      By Riadnasla
      Hello! 
      I've referenced this website for trouble-shooting as any other lurker for the last few years, but finally set up an account and logged in recently. Figured I'd introduce myself and start joining the conversations, starting with posting my first camera reel. 
      Except for shooting speaker events and conferences, all footage was shot exclusively with my Sony PMW-F3, and much of that was recorded via my Convergent Design Gemini 444 with S-Log. For this project, I did the colour in Premiere CC's Lumetri Panel, using Tangent's Element-Vs app for fine-tuning. (for more detailed work, I often print in Resolve free). The conferences are typically the resulting file from live-editing jobs, where we record with Canon XA30s into a Roland V-1HD and recorded on an Atomos recorder. We're still waiting on our automated pan/tilt heads before we can kick that business into high gear. 
    • (a7S video promo) DKNY: Black Leather Jacket
      By Brad Bjornstad
      Hey guys,
      Just wanted to share a promo I just made for DKNY with the Sony a7S. This was made as a tribute to my beautiful wife, Kari, whom passed in August 2015 from Cystic Fibrosis - a chronic illness with no known cure. Every shot but the New York B-roll was with the a7S (recorded in 4K by the Atomos Ninja Flame), and graded with FilmConvert. I hope you enjoy the video. 
      Please let me know what you think!
      Best wishes,
      Bradley