Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Sony F55 sample movie - 4K 60fps

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nanrwUlGA24[/youtube]

More on the Sony F55 at EOSHD: [url="http://www.eoshd.com/content/9148/sony-drop-a-bombshell-with-4k-raw-180fps-and-global-shutter-here-are-the-sony-f5-and-f55"]Analysis and specs[/url]

Here it is! Shot in 4K at 60fps for slow-mo, this is a test movie from the Sony F55. Designed to compete head-on with the Arri Alexa, the camera's major selling points are a global shutter and future proof 4K.

Posted · Report post

Did a bird pee in her eye? Just kidding. Nice falloff however, the grading could have been more aggressive or better. Curious to hear what the official pricing will be.
Go BMC, Kineraw, Digital Bolex, Leica, GH3...

Red's pricing could affect Sony's sales...

Cheers

Posted · Report post

This doesn't look all that impressive, although I'd have to see a 4K projection to get the full effect.

I can't help feeling that there's an as yet unannounced 4K+ camera out there that will cost less than $5K and put this, the Alexa, and the Epic to shame.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tzedekh' timestamp='1353973742' post='22375']
This doesn't look all that impressive, although I'd have to see a 4K projection to get the full effect.

I can't help feeling that there's an as yet unannounced 4K+ camera out there that will cost less than $5K and put this, the Alexa, and the Epic to shame.
[/quote]

Did you change quality to "original"? It defaults to 360p and looks like garbage.

Posted · Report post

I'll watch it tomorrow on the 15inch mbp retina display

Posted · Report post

Damn... its set to private. I cant see it :(

Posted · Report post

The Sony footage is alot better than how it was graded. The original was 4096 x 2160.
I'm hoping the Leica M camera will have quality footage similar to the C300 while maintaining the organic film look. We should have more info in the next few months. The Sony footage is quality but the price is expensive. Will it be worth it?

Posted · Report post

that sucks. I really wanted to see it! Alas, they have a huge short film junket on it on the 28th don't they? Probably pounced on this like a hate crime when they saw it.

Posted · Report post

This '4K' version looks like an upscaled dvix flick. Is it right link?

Posted · Report post

My 4K test movie shot by F55 is now set to private until 29th of this month. You will enjoy it after that. Thank you.

Yosh Enatsu

Posted · Report post

[quote name='enatsu' timestamp='1354019325' post='22426']
My 4K test movie shot by F55 is now set to private until 29th of this month. You will enjoy it after that. Thank you.

Yosh Enatsu
[/quote]

Could you upload your movie to Vimeo instead of YouTube? We can see it in much higher quality specially when you allow us to download the footage.

Posted · Report post

Actually detail looks fantastic. I agree with the grading. I wish there was more aggressive grading. Actually, I hope they will release some test footage for us to do our own grading. Wonder how this compares to Alexa RAW, even against the BMCC. Can't wait to see more!