BMC Colour filter array

markm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Footage has to be viewed under controlled situations in order to compare. The BMC footage does look very good from what I've seen but I cant test one myself without buying it. One of the most important considerations and something I have written a thread on here is the difference ways film captures images to how digital captures images.

I would still prefer a 35mm movie camera image over an Alexa and thats probably down to the colour filter array and its shortcomings and thats on an Alexa. Obviously an Alexa will have a better array than the BMC you would think. But how much better and what does this mean in compromises to image quality.

The colour filter array is an IMPORTANT part of how good the image is With the BMC RAW its like sticking a porsche engine into a mini cooper. It all needs to be good or the sum of its parts will be the lowest common denominator.