New Kineraw video: Looks Alexa Like

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Rumour or Fact.

Prediction: If this is true this could be the DSLR killer.

Kineraw coming out with smaller version with S35 for $4000. Wow.

[b]SPEC'S[/b]
From bmc board:
Same s35 sensor as its big bro
Fits in the palm of your hand....
No fan
Shoots DNG only
Dual HDMI
Single SSD slot
cost around $4k

This footage looks great. I don't know much about this camera aside from the fact that it has a 35mm sensor opposed to BMC's M43(ish) sensor. From this short, i almost like its image better than the BMC's... I emailed Kinefinity about it. I'm hoping it won't be Kinemag Proprietary, and you can use third party ssd's like the bmc. It's also only 2k, and cost $3000 more than the Bmc.

Germy1979,
There's talk of a smaller size version of the Kineraw S35 - same sensor, but more compact. It supposedly will have no fan. It will cost around $4000? The Chinese are clever and are very capable to develop. I wouldn't doubt a prototype is working. It seems they are listening to what people want. In the past there was talk of 4k too. Interesting times.

• Administrators
[quote name='FilmMan' timestamp='1353514109' post='22070']
Right on. You're having a lot of fun with these different cameras. By the way, check if any moire on some bikinis. My wife will hate me for that one. Cheers. :)
[/quote]

Bikinis in November in Berlin? Erm I will try my best :) We're going to do more studio based tests with proper actors. I'm bored of scenery.

[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1353504320' post='22066']
I'm testing the Ikonoskop tomorrow :)
[/quote]

Hi Andrew. Please can you do me a favor and test it with a century style anamorphic on a 16/25mm taking lens? I'd be interested to see how this adaptor works on a 16mm sensor..

[quote name='HurtinMinorKey' timestamp='1353527556' post='22076']
Alexa like? This video looks way worse than what we have seen previously. Was it supposed to be that flat?
[/quote]

Some of the shots do look kind of flat yes. I have a prediction: Now that we are getting cameras with all this dynamic range shot in flat profiles, I bet we will be seeing a lot more flat looking footage. I think there will be a tendency to avoid crushing and burning so much because people will want to show all that latitude that people will leave it more flat then anything else. In some ways I see this as a good thing. Frankly, I'm totally sick to death of the current "Film" look with the over bearing crushed blacks and desaturated orange and blue cast. I'm sure this more subtle grading will eventually even out though and turn into something interesting. We'll have to see what happens though.