Blackmagic Cinema Camera Review - DSLR killer?

Andrew Reid

[quote name='galenb' timestamp='1353114112' post='21823']
Do these programs actually do incremental backup on the hour? I thought this was just for ghosting your hard drive so you could go back to come state later in time? Not trying to be snarky, I'm asking honestly because I don't know.
[/quote]

You can have incremental backup on Norton Ghost. I am using on demand backup. But try it yourself - it is free to make a back up copies. You need a serial number (buy it) to restore a system or files. I do not know if [i]this [/i]program is the best on the planet. I am using it for couple of years and I do not need anything more. By the way, backup and recovery is a must have tool. Should be a part of a system.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1353143493' post='21836']
what about his constant canon wise mudslinging contest. you see 1 side not the other.
[/quote]

Tomekk, this is Andrew's site. It's all about this own opinion. A lot of people come and read his opinion because they value it. It's alright that you don't agree with him (lord knows not everyone does) but seriously, take a look at your tone here. It really reads like you have come here to fight. I'm just saying as an outsider looking in, this looks like really belligerent and disrespectful behavior. If this is not the way you intended to come off, Then I suggest you try a different approach. Just remember, Andrew pays the rent here. If you really find his opinions that offensive then I honestly think you are at the wrong site.

The main reason I come to this site and post so much here is because on the whole, I find the tone to very friendly. Even when people disagree, I rarely see arguments turn into personal assault wars. I really value that about this place because of that.

[quote name='haarec' timestamp='1353146074' post='21838']
You can have incremental backup on Norton Ghost. I am using on demand backup. But try it yourself - it is free to make a back up copies. You need a serial number (buy it) to restore a system or files. I do not know if [i]this [/i]program is the best on the planet. I am using it for couple of years and I do not need anything more. By the way, backup and recovery is a must have tool. Should be a part of a system.
[/quote]

Yeah, this is why I love time machine on the Mac. It just comes with OSX and has a very simple, intuitive yet extremely powerful interface... Oh crap! I said I wasn't going to say anything more about Mac and PC! Sorry!

Uh... Yeah, BMCC! Can't wait for the next installment of BlackMagic Cinema Camera review! Yay! ;-)

[quote name='galenb' timestamp='1353147896' post='21840']
Yeah, this is why I love time machine on the Mac. It just comes with OSX and has a very simple, intuitive yet extremely powerful interface... Oh crap! I said I wasn't going to say anything more about Mac and PC! Sorry!

Uh... Yeah, BMCC! Can't wait for the next installment of BlackMagic Cinema Camera review! Yay! ;-)
[/quote]

Yes. What a relief ;-)

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1353143493' post='21836']
what about his constant canon wise mudslinging contest. you see 1 side not the other.
[/quote]

I guess, a debate can only have Both sides being heard. And, that is the Only fair way, to go about, with it.

I am not a big Mac fan, even though I used a few Mac products (maybe still do).

There is no mud-slinging contest. Maybe, you are genuinely ignorant of the kind of language, that is employed in other forums. Maybe, you should spend a few moments, before assuming things. Maybe, even go to forums like DPReview, and PersonalView, to get a perspective..

Most of the debates about DSLRs here, obviously, involve video. And, in a contest between Canon/ NIkon and Panasonic (GH2 and GH3), there is really no contest. In the opinion, of the majority, of this Forum.

If you feel otherwise, you are More than Free to post your views (with or without links and proof).

[quote name='galenb' timestamp='1353147534' post='21839']

Tomekk, this is Andrew's site. It's all about this own opinion. A lot of people come and read his opinion because they value it. It's alright that you don't agree with him (lord knows not everyone does) but seriously, take a look at your tone here. It really reads like you have come here to fight. I'm just saying as an outsider looking in, this looks like really belligerent and disrespectful behavior. If this is not the way you intended to come off, Then I suggest you try a different approach. Just remember, Andrew pays the rent here. If you really find his opinions that offensive then I honestly think you are at the wrong site.

The main reason I come to this site and post so much here is because on the whole, I find the tone to very friendly. Even when people disagree, I rarely see arguments turn into personal assault wars. I really value that about this place because of that.
[/quote]
sorry for my tone.

[quote name='sanveer' timestamp='1353156137' post='21844']

I guess, a debate can only have Both sides being heard. And, that is the Only fair way, to go about, with it.

I am not a big Mac fan, even though I used a few Mac products (maybe still do).

There is no mud-slinging contest. Maybe, you are genuinely ignorant of the kind of language, that is employed in other forums. Maybe, you should spend a few moments, before assuming things. Maybe, even go to forums like DPReview, and PersonalView, to get a perspective..

Most of the debates about DSLRs here, obviously, involve video. And, in a contest between Canon/ NIkon and Panasonic (GH2 and GH3), there is really no contest. In the opinion, of the majority, of this Forum.

If you feel otherwise, you are More than Free to post your views (with or without links and proof).
[/quote]
this topic compares 3k usd bmcc video camera to 3k usd stills + video dslr in case of 5dmk3. video part in a 5d is worth somwhere between 750 to 1k usd. 5d is mainly for stills so the stills part is worth more yhan 1/2 of the total prize. we dont know exactly but we can estimate. Therefore, if you compare video only, You CAN’T use the whole price of the product. Can’t ecplain it more clearly. If u don’t understand I’d suggest reading basic economics books dealing with prices. Basically, every comparison on this site is flawed on the fundamental level because it takes whole price of the product of a dslr. hope I don’t sound arogant now. Just pointing out the fact. it has nothing to do with my opinion vs Andrew’s opinion. It’s about setting correct fundamentals for further discussion.

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1353136173' post='21832']
It’s UNiX you can say its the best.
[/quote]

All Linux distributions use as much UNIX as OSX does, if not more, try and find me one that's nearly as competent and you'll see that maybe Apple did work a tiny bit more than all the others... or try using UNIX without Apple's interface on top, if you really think all they did was steal it.

Saying they "only designed an interface on top" is not only a massive understatement, but you make it sound so easy that I wonder why nobody else has been able to come close.

Calling me a fanboy is also useless, I've used Mac, Windows and several variations of Linux professionally for several years, and I'm against Apple in so many other things, but with OSX you're just wrong.

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1353172766' post='21852']
this topic compares 3k usd bmcc video camera to 3k usd stills + video dslr in case of 5dmk3. video part in a 5d is worth somwhere between 750 to 1k usd. 5d is mainly for stills so the stills part is worth more yhan 1/2 of the total prize. we dont know exactly but we can estimate. Therefore, if you compare video only, You CAN’T use the whole price of the product. Can’t ecplain it more clearly. If u don’t understand I’d suggest reading basic economics books dealing with prices. Basically, every comparison on this site is flawed on the fundamental level because it takes whole price of the product of a dslr. hope I don’t sound arogant now. Just pointing out the fact. it has nothing to do with my opinion vs Andrew’s opinion. It’s about setting correct fundamentals for further discussion.
[/quote]

Are you a Canon marketing guy? Nobody is comparing overall value on this forum. All we care about is the video features. For example, when it comes to video quality the BMC takes the 5D3 to the woodshed and teaches it a stern lesson.

[quote name='Bruno' timestamp='1353179526' post='21858']

All Linux distributions use as much UNIX as OSX does, if not more, try and find me one that's nearly as competent and you'll see that maybe Apple did work a tiny bit more than all the others... or try using UNIX without Apple's interface on top, if you really think all they did was steal it.

Saying they "only designed an interface on top" is not only a massive understatement, but you make it sound so easy that I wonder why nobody else has been able to come close.

Calling me a fanboy is also useless, I've used Mac, Windows and several variations of Linux professionally for several years, and I'm against Apple in so many other things, but with OSX you're just wrong.
[/quote]
Ill leave linux vs unix war. aside from that seems like you have no problems accepting that several operating systems such as ubuntu/fedora etc. are linuxes but somehow u can’t accept OSX as just another variation of the unix.

Yeah they’ve made better gui for 1 obvious fact. They focused on it and paid large amounts of money to programmers. On the other hand nobody pays open source community for their work. they do it in a free time + their primary goal has always been stability/security/performance. Not user friendliness. Its a server system.

[quote name='HurtinMinorKey' timestamp='1353184515' post='21866']

Are you a Canon marketing guy? Nobody is comparing overall value on this forum. All we care about is the video features. For example, when it comes to video quality the BMC takes the 5D3 to the woodshed and teaches it a stern lesson.
[/quote]
good. it should be eating 5d for breakfast cause, video wise, it’s over 3 times more expensive.

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1353186778' post='21869']
somehow u can’t accept OSX as just another variation of the unix.
[/quote]

What are you on about? I know OSX is based on UNIX, Apple stated it since the beginning, it doesn't mean they just stole it and started selling it as it is.

[quote name='tomekk' timestamp='1353186778' post='21869']
They focused on it and paid large amounts of money to programmers.
[/quote]

Wrong. They paid large amounts of money to designers, something few others ever do, and that's what makes all the difference.

• Administrators
[quote name='gelly' timestamp='1353198180' post='21881']
Great write up. Would be very interested to learn more about the external battery you are using with the BMCC (and maybe competing battery options). Cheers.
[/quote]

It is the Blackmagic camera solution from Switronix, a PB70, full review soon.

http://www.switronix.com/products?page=shop.browse&category_id=50

Once you have the PB70 (power base) then you can also use it with DSLRs as well as the BMC. Just buy the appropriate connector.

[quote name='Bruno' timestamp='1353198139' post='21880']

What are you on about? I know OSX is based on UNIX, Apple stated it since the beginning, it doesn't mean they just stole it and started selling it as it is.

Wrong. They paid large amounts of money to designers, something few others ever do, and that's what makes all the difference.
[/quote]
Whatever, eot, gn.