Filmmaker Andrew Wonder on anamorphic and modding his Iscorama 36

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[media]http://vimeo.com/53127381[/media]

Filmmaker Andrew Wonder (Undercity) has had some interesting modifications done to his Iscorama. Not a cheap modification but re-housed as a cinema lens by Van Diemen and optimised for closer focus.

The test above is shot on the 5D Mark III and there's more from Andrew below, on his 'Wonderscope' anamorphic.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
top stuff Andrew. thanks for sharing this. I saw someone else who had diy modded their iscorama to allow the front element to be brought further to the front for closer focus. this is a beautiful little item now. I think i might have to look into the price of the service. alongside finding a nice pancake 35/40/50mm main lens to reduce overall length of taking/isco combination. I was thinking a voightlander 40mm f1.4.

[quote name='fugue_state1' timestamp='1352779912' post='21545']
Does the mod include a removal of the coatings? This would explain the flares...
[/quote]

the flares look pretty typical and similar to what i have seen on iscorama 36's. he has shot pretty flat and the barrel glow due to slightly too wide taking lens makes it look like it's flaring up more than normal.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...