EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

6,503 topics in this forum

• 1,617 replies
    • 73 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 700 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 58 replies
    • 57 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 952 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 155 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 36 replies
The EOSHD Panasonic GH4 Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Samsung NX1 Setup Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7R II Setup Guide and LUT Pack
The EOSHD Anamorphic Shooter's Guide - Second Edition
The EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7 Series Guide to Full Frame Lenses

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Justin Pandelo

• Proud of eos mods
      Ed, I'm in full agreement.  While cameras get hyped up a billion times a year, the general enthusiast audience almost ignore the most important thing a camera needs.  I love lighting beyond cameras. Due to the technology, I've changed all my lamps to battery powered units, so I can go anywhere I want and light anything without messing with tangled cables and mains power.  I've got:  - 3 Lupolux Dual Color lamps. Very bright and versatile.  - 6 Scorpion Lights. Little bendy lights that can go anywhere. Very handy.  - Aputure Lightstorm LS1-C. Very impressed. Terrific brightness.  - Shit loads of gels, diffusers, reflectors.  These are a much more important toolset than my cameras (I hardly buy any). It makes an incredible difference compared to "just another" camera image.   
    • Lighting question
      I don't want to completely drown out the shade, I just want to brighten his face a touch. I'll be tracking him from 5 to 10' away.  I have a couple small LED panels, I'll give them a go first, but I'm really looking for something similar to what... @Michael Coffee posted... A mini fresnel. 
    • C300 II Firmware / c-log 3
      Still doesn't fix the C300 mk2's utterly infuriating output options.  
    • Proud of eos mods
      On Ebrahim: I like his enthusiasm; it's when that enthusiasm turns into passing himself off as something he's not that it becomes a problem. Obviously he's got some issues, but he's a smart kid and I hope he can get himself sorted out. In this business reputation is everything, and it takes a long time to build trust and respect. I'm not gonna hunt him down on the other forums, and if he's not banned from those forums my advice to him is this: mate just be yourself, talk about the knowledge you have with your camera, don't give any more advice based on stuff you read somewhere; sure we all do that from time to time, but we have a lot of first hand experience that you don't have, and people believed that you did. I can understand why you did it, but it's not cool man. We live in a time where people are desperate for attention. People have killed themselves because they couldn't get followers on social media. When I was 21 there was no social media, and I can see how it fucks kids up. The best way to get people to like you is to work hard, do good work, and be genuine. It's not the Trump way, but he's an arsehole who's bound to get us all killed if people fall for his shit. As far as punishment goes: I think redemption is a thing, and maybe we could think about how Ebrahim can redeem himself and be allowed back after a period of time. Even though he passed himself off as something he's not, he was trying to be helpful. Now I know this idea won't be popular with everyone, but I suggest they have a look at Michael Moore's 'Where to Invade Next', particularly the part about the rehabilitation of criminals in Norway. We are doing it so wrong in the US and Aus. He's a kid, he fucked up, he's taken steps to make amends; yes we had to go hard for that to happen, but I think this is an opportunity for us to help a kid who needs it. peace out.
  • Topics