EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

6,486 topics in this forum

• 1,604 replies
    • 73 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 222 replies
    • 935 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 42 replies
    • 126 replies
    • 675 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 408 replies
The EOSHD Panasonic GH4 Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Samsung NX1 Setup Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7R II Setup Guide and LUT Pack
The EOSHD Anamorphic Shooter's Guide - Second Edition
The EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide
The EOSHD Sony A7 Series Guide to Full Frame Lenses

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Poo

• Petition for Samsung NX1 hack
      FilmConvert NX1 profile is available now on their website!  http://www.filmconvert.com/download/camera-profile
    • What can Canon be thinking?
      I'm not saying what I would do or prefer, that's just Canons way of doing business. Sony is no different, plenty of A7s users, myself included, would love a 4k internal upgrade. Instead we have to buy a mkII. The FS700 raw debacle was a joke. Canon offered the dual pixel AF upgrade, but as far as 4k goes we're SOL. That may not always be the case, I'm guessing C300 sales are robust enough to keep paid upgrades at bay for now. People always drag Kodak out of the grave when talking about camera company financials, Canon's imaging division is smaller than other divisions like office, they have a large medical segment and they have others. Kodak is a poor analogy, they weren't as diverse and even when they were on top in the mid-2000's, they were still losing money. Imaging was a majority of their business and a significant portion was film and P&S cameras - they ignored video and didn't have office products, medical instruments, broadcasting divisions and so on bringing a bulk of their revenues to fall back on. Canon can survive the downturn we're seeing. Nikon is a different story IMO. 
    • Atomos Ninja Star on Canon 1DX Mark II?
      Hello, all. I'm trying to figure out ways of extending the recording time of my new 1DX Mark II for long-form events. Since I already have three CFast 2.0 cards for the camera itself, I'm wondering how well the Atomos Ninja Star will work for shooting takes longer than 30 minutes.

Does anyone have any experience with the Ninja Star in event shooting? And do we think there would be any issues using it with a 1DXII? Thanks in advance!
    • What can Canon be thinking?
      Looking at profit over a decade is dangerous. You could have once said that Kodak was the most profitable camera manufacturer too.  Things have changed a lot since 2006 - and if you think Sony or Panasonic are simply going to go away, you'd be mistaken. Yes, Sony has had troubles in their camera division. But that doesn't mean they can't, or won't have success now. Works for Sony - paid upgrade to unlock raw on the FS700, FS5 and FS7? Paid upgrade to shoot 4k on the F5? Paid upgrade to get Slog444 on the F3? etc. etc.  I think the big difference is Sony develops these cameras with an upgrade workflow - you still need to get accessories for the FS700, FS5 or FS7 to enable the raw output, but if you want to do it that option is available, it will just cost you a bit extra. Would you prefer to pay $1,000 to enable 4k on your C100 or would you rather have to pony up thousands and thousands of extra dollars to buy a C300? The 4k on the FS5 OOB isn't as good as the 4k on the FS7, but if you want to pay $500 you can get raw out of it. The FS5 fills a spot in the market where HD is necessary and 4k is nice to have. If you need 4k all the time, you can go for the FS7. If you buy a C100, you'll never be able to shoot 4k on it. Call it marketing hype if you like, but there's a lot more to gain from enabling even a somewhat crippled 4k mode than there is to have people at the point of purchase thinking about needing to hire something else if they ever want to shoot 4k.
    • Samsung NX1 Film Convert is out!
      Film Convert has just released the Samsung NX1 profile, will post some examples soon!

http://www.filmconvert.com/download/camera-profile Not the best examples, but here they go : Im not too happy with the footage, maybe its becuase I havent used FilmConvert too much, but its quite hard to make them look good, will keep trying and post more as I go! Feel free to share your examples!
  • Topics