EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

7,347 topics in this forum

• 9 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 72 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 47 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 75 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 7 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras
EOSHD Pro Color for Panasonic cameras

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ivant

• Internal stabilization, non-electronic lenses, and speed boosters
      I note we have a growing array of cameras with internal stabilization---offering stabilization even with non-electronic lenses--like FD lenses, or Rokinon lenses, etc. When these cameras allow shooting with this non-electronic lenses the camera's stabilization asks a simple and reasonable question: "what are you?" And the lens, vis a vis the videographer, responds, "I'm a 35mm lens, or an 85mm lens, or a ...whatever." And the camera responds accordingly, the shooter shoots, and the rest is history. I promise I'm getting to my question---but I have to make one more observation: when such a non-electronic lens is coupled to the camera with a speed booster it is no longer functioning as what it originally was: a 35mm lens or 85, or 135mm lens,  whatever. Right? Now, here's my question---does the internally stabilized camera "know" the lens is coupled by a speed booster and adjusts internally accordingly? Or does it not know and the stabilization is negatively affected? Or, does it make no difference in regard to the stabilization? Hmmmm....I'm sorry. I think that's three questions. Why am I asking this? It's simple: I'm asking this because non-electronic lenses, in my admittedly limited experience, do not seem as stable when mounted with a speed booster as they are when they are simply mounted with a simple mount to an internally stabilized camera. I guess a final question might be, "Am I wrong about this perception or is this a consideration that needs to be....well, uh,...considered? Would love to have the best stabilization possible with non-electronic, speed booster mounted lenses! 
    • GH5 tips tricks and questions only
      Offload to PC speed via USB C cable 32MB/s video (sustained) Offload via external USB3 card reader 77MB/s  Sandisk Extreme Pro (I)
    • Trying to match the 5d mk IV and DJI Osmo
      wow that was pretty dope! ive definitely seen fight scenes in big time movies that werent as good! good to know about the cannon connect app over wifi... im always wondering how well things like that actually work
    • Panasonic and Bad Timing
      Restructuring a business unit doesn't mean suppressing the activity behind the division, it's just a corporate management thing. Might not necessarily be a bad thing if it brings more innovation, cost reduction and keep the finance department under control. It's better to act before hand than letting a division die or appear vulnerable internally. So far we don't know the details, there could be a lot of internal "politics".
      And yes, 60k units sold over a year is not that much for a company with 250,000 employee (btw where did that sales number come from ?)
      In that type of business, the manufacturer get a third of the sales price, the retailer another third and the production cost the last third. For a $2000 camera, Pana margin is something like $600 x 60,000 units = $36 millions which is a drop over its $62 billions/ year revenue  
    • Panasonic and Bad Timing
      It has all been one unit for a year now already.
  • Topics