EOSHD

Welcome to the EOSHD forum. The knowledge-base for all mirrorless, DSLR and pro video cameras.

Subforums

1. ANAMORPHIC

The largest online community devoted to anamorphic filmmaking.
    Discuss lenses, adapters, workflows and post lenses for sale

Raw shooting cameras - URSA Mini 4.6K, BMCC, BMPCC and more

Screening room and the creative side of filmmaking - share your ideas / stories

Discuss the NX1 hack and more. Share your mods. Share your tests.

Post classified ads for your camera gear and filmmaking related kit!

6,977 topics in this forum

• 50 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 39 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 924 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 221 replies
    • 78 replies
    • 105 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 45 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 59 replies
    • 244 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 794 replies
EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras

• Popular Contributors

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    WELEF

• Seeking info on lens: Minolta 135mm f/2 MD
      Hey people, I'm wondering if anyone has either owned this lens, come across one in the wild or has seen other posts about it. The only post anyone ever seems to link to is this: http://www.rokkorfiles.com/135mm.htm To give you guys the story of this lens: I was gifted it from a family friend, photographer Harry Benson (if you haven't come across his work, do yourself a favour and check him out, hes a living legend in the industry). It was given to me along with a number of other lenses and a number of X700 bodies with motor drives. Unfortunatley it was first gifted to an uncle who took poor care of the lenses and as such, almost all the glass in the box has lens fungus. By a stroke of luck however, this lens was in the best condition of them all. I managed to get the lens UV treated and the little fungus that the lens has collected was killed off.  Other than mounting it to my NX1, as a primarily CANON user (boo hiss these days I know, but both my C100 and before that my 7D worked their arses off for me), I haven't found myself using this lens much, mainly due to the focal length. Its much more attractive now in the days of mirrorless and the lenses mount is no longer an issue. I've began to have a bit of a clear out recently and that got me searching for information on the lens and how much would be a fair asking price for it.  Anyway, Im beginning to ramble, my limited use of this lens so far has proven it to be a lovely, solid piece of glass. My primary issue as I originally stated, is that it seems to be somewhat of a rarity and thats casting doubt in my mind as to what would be a fair asking price. TLDR: Anyone got this lens, seen it for sale before or have any idea what its worth? Hopefully we can bring a little bit of light to this issue and help anyone else out that may be also on a quest for truth. Feel free to fire any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them. EDIT: Just came across this after posting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-MD-135mm-F2-Lens-w-Caps-/321214971480?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item4ac9e77e58&clk_rvr_id=1136997507589&rmvSB=true $1000 seems to be an approximate value for a lens in excellent condition.
    • How do you set exposure for video?
      Personally I like to set ISO/SA(180)/f5.6/8 and ride the ND using a combination of zebras and waveform (@Stanley - the SLR Magic one is ace!). When I'm using my Shogun Flame I'm almost confident enough to do it by eyeball - I said almost. Dunno who made you thread boss, Jon, but you seem to have issues that might be better off kept private.
    • The 4K Fuji X-T2 is here
      tl;dr on that video: He loves the camera but won't buy it because he personally wants something with IBIS or a more major camera like the BM Ursa. 
    • The £3-£4K Market
      I've never thought kinemini footage had bad color.    
    • To Buy, Or Not To Buy: The Canon 1DX mk II
      Don't,  in your situation, I would just wait for the sony a9 or a7pro /whatever it's going to be call. Keep the workflow easy with sony and same color gamut - no need for massive files... Or even get the inspire 2 with the x5s 
  • Topics